KWV jumps three places in The World’s 50 Most Admired Wine brands
KWV has underscored recent successes by jumping three places in The World’s 50 Most Admired Wine Brands, according to Drinks International, one of the world’s most authoritative wine and spirit publications.
The Paarl based wine producer has moved from 35th to 32nd place in the rankings, leading all other South African wine brands.
The Drinks International World’s 50 Most Admired Wine Brands is a well recognised barometer of the way the industry regards its leading players. 200 judges were asked to rate wine brands on a number of criteria. These include; consistency and improving quality; meeting consumer needs; good packaging and marketing; and strength of brand appeal.
These international judges comprised masters of wines, winemakers, wine writers, retailers, educators, buyers, analysts and a smattering of specialists from Asia who gave the perspective from this rapidly growing region.
KWV has amassed some 470 awards and medals in a little over 24 months - 300 of which were achieved in the past year alone. Among some of the notable recent achievements have been that:
- KWV has won 6 trophy classes and a gold medal at the Old Mutual Wine Trophy Show
2014. This includes the Fairbairn Capital Trophy for the Most Successful Producer
- KWV re-wrote the record books by being named Best Producer at Veritas, the Oscars of
South African wine, for the third consecutive year.
- KWV 15 Year Old won the title Best Brandy in the World at the International Spirits
- KWV 20 Year Old was named South Africa’s best brandy by the South African Wine Index
- It received a coveted five-star status in Platter’s Wine Guide for its KWV 15 and 20 Year
Old brandies, KWV Tawny Port and Noble Late Harvest.
⦁ KWV received three regional trophies at Decanter.
⦁ KWV was named Best Regional Producer at the SA Young Wine Show.